Telecommunications and postal services are services of general interest and as such play a central role for European citizens and businesses alike. Liberalisation strategies targeting the sector have not benefited European citizens, but have had a negative impact on the services delivered and working conditions. Privatisation and competition are challenging the sectors’ organisational structures, putting growing pressure on employees in telecommunications and postal services.
CESI is working to works to re-establish decent working conditions for all workers in the sector. Healthy workplaces aiming to achieve significant stress reduction as well as payment structures allowing for a decent living are at the heart of our work.
In 2021, the expert commission will focus on:
- Evaluation and possible revision of the EU postal services directive 97/67/EC, esp. in terms of decent work
- Decent employment & working conditions in parcel deliveries
- Combating precarious work in call centres and the logistics sector
- Implications of the Covid-19 pandemic on the work and occupational health & safety of telecommunications and postal service personnel
- Achievement of worker-friendly digitalisation in telecommuni-cations and postal services
- Identification of future professions and relating VET schemes in postal service companies
- Work topics of the European social dialogue on postal services