The Employment and Social Affairs Commission promotes the improvement of living and working conditions throughout Europe. Social cohesion, inclusion and integration policies play a central role for improving living and working conditions in Europe. Decent pay and retirement allocations, health and safety in the workplace, working time and achieving a good work-life balance are the focus of the CESI’s SOC Commission’s. Trade union rights and social dialogue are promoted as a means to strengthen Social Europe.
Social Europe needs to make more progress, but to do so Social Europe needs supporters and champions. Sustainable and decent living and working conditions need to be at least on an equal footing over more competition and market rules. In this way, Europe will engage more with its citizens and citizens will engage more in Europe.
In 2020, the SOC Commission will focus on:
- Adequate minimum wages in the European Union
- Sustainable corporate governance
- Fostering freedom of association for trade unions
- Enhancing occupational health and safety (esp. Covid-related)
- Future of work – Future of Trade unions – Future of industrial relations
- Implementation of the European Pillar of Social Rights
The portfolio of the SOC Commission can be accessed here (DE / FR / ES).