The Post and Telecoms Trade Council gathers representatives to share their expertise, compare national reforms, exchange best practices and elaborate opinions on EU initiatives in this field.
Telecommunications and postal services are services of general interest and as such play a central role for European citizens and businesses alike. Liberalisation strategies targeting the sector have not benefited European citizens, but have had a negative impact on the services delivered and working conditions. Privatisation and competition are challenging the sectors’ organisational structures, putting growing pressure on employees in telecommunications and postal services.
CESI is working to works to re-establish decent working conditions for all workers in the sector. Healthy workplaces aiming to achieve significant stress reduction as well as payment structures allowing for a decent living are at the heart of our work.
In 2018, the Trade Council will focus on:
- Impacts of the new EU Directive on cross-border parcel delivery services
- Social plans in restructurings in telecoms and postal services
- Digitalisation impacts on employment in telecoms and postal services
- Financial services of postal companies
- Quality of work in telecoms and postal services
Leadership of the Council
Policy adviser, CESI General Secretariat