CESI’s internal cross-industry commissions and sectoral trade councils inform and shape CESI’s issue-specific interest representation, working in line with the general objectives set by the Congress, Board and Presidium. Commissions and trade councils usually meet once or twice per year and bring together representatives from interested member organisations. As such, they also act as fora for exchange of views, expertise and information on topical subject matters between CESI’s members and for deliberation and debate with politicians, stakeholder, academics and representatives of national and EU institutions and agencies.
Following CESI’s Congress in December 2016, the Presidium set up the following commissions and trade councils for the legislative period until 2020:
• Commission ‘Employment and Social Affairs’ (SOC)
• Commission ‘Women’s Rights and Gender Equality’ (FEMM)
• Trade Council ‘Central Administration and Finances’ (ACF)
• Trade Council ‘Local and Regional Administration’ (LRA)
• Trade Council ‘Security’ (SEC)
• Trade Council ‘Justice’ (JUS)
• Trade Council ‘Education, Training and Research’ (EDUC)
• Trade Council ‘Health Services’ (SAN)
• Trade Council ‘Post and Telecoms’ (P&T)
• Trade Council ‘Defence’ (DEF)
Members of CESI are also active in the field of transport at European level.
Read all news on CESI’s trade councils and commissions here.