The objective of the conference is to discuss how Europe can counter rising levels of radicalisation and incidents of terrorist threats.
In doing so, the conference will feature interventions on topics such as
• “Terrorism and radicalisation: Does Europe fail the challenge to secure its citizens?“;
• “European Islam: Can religion prevent violence?“; and
• “The role of education in the fight against radicalisation“.
Speakers will include personalities such as
• Bernard Cazeneuve, French Minister of the Interior;
• Rodrigo Ballester, Member of the Cabinet of Euroepan Education and Culture Commissioner Tibor Navracsics;
• Françoise Schepmans, Mayor of Molenbeek Saint-Jean, Bruxelles (tbc).
CESI President Romain Wolff and Secretary General Klaus Heeger will also intervene.
Registration for the event is still possible via email until December 7. When registering, indicating full name, organisation represented and function performed in it is mandatory. The full programme of the conference can be accessed here.
CESI, as a trade union confederation representing public sector workers from a variety of sectors concerned with security, public order, integration and the prevention of radicalisation, has a strong interest that Europe’s public services are adequately equipped to meet future challenges. The event follows CESI’s previous work on an effective European response to radicalisation and terrorism in Europe.